Saturday, March 24, 2012

Pecan Pie Mini Muffins

       The other day, a friend of ours stopped by for an afternoon visit. Well, if you know me, I have to cook something for my guests. I had been wanting to make these muffins all week, but I knew if I did, Bob and I would eat them ALL. They are addicting!!  So, Doug saved us! We had enough to have a little endulgence and plenty left over for Doug to take home to Holly.

       These little muffins are so quick and easy to make, that if I have the ingredients in the cupboard, I'm in danger of eating way too many of these.

Pecan Pie Mini Muffins

MUFFINS
1/2 cup flour
1 cup packed brown sugar
3/4 cup melted butter
2 beaten eggs
1 cup chopped pecans
Dash of salt
1/8 tsp vanilla

FROSTING
1   8oz block of cream cheese (room temperature)
2 Tbs milk or cream
2/3 powdered sugar
1/8 tsp Vanilla

Directions

Muffins
1. Preheat oven to 350°.  Line mini muffin pans with mini muffin liners.

2. In a large bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, and pecans. In a smaller bowl, combine melted butter and eggs. Pour butter egg mixture into flour mixture and stir until blended.

3. Fill mini muffin cups 2/3 full (about a heaping tablespoon). Bake at 350° for 20 to 25 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Remove muffins from pan to wire racks to cool.


Frosting
4.  With an electric mixer blend together cream cheese, milk/cream, powdered sugar, vanilla, until smooth.  Chill for 10 minutes.

5. Top each muffin with a dollop of frosting.  For a fancier look, use a pastry bag with a star tip to frost muffins. 

Serving suggestions: Top frosted muffins with a sprinkle of chopped pecans, or crumbled crisp bacon.


1 comment:

  1. this is one of my favorite pies so I can't wait to try these!!

    ReplyDelete